Autoimmune Conditions & Disorders
Every day in our clinic, we know that seven out of ten patients that we see are having their immune systems destroying their own bodies. It is a daunting task to figure out the “why” behind every autoimmune case that we see. Today I want to share some important scientific facts about autoimmune disease and autoimmune conditions and give the basics on how autoimmune disease can be sent into remission.
1. Up to 80 million Americans suffer from an autoimmune disease or autoimmune disorder; this is more than cancer, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes combined!
2. Autoimmune disease and autoimmune conditions do not just randomly happen; in the scientific literature, there are well known underlying causes and triggers, that once identified and removed, can often send autoimmune disease into remission.
3. Traditional medicine does not address underlying causes of autoimmune disease and autoimmune disorders; what they have to offer are medications to address the symptoms only – these are usually immuno-suppressant medications that carry with them serious side effects.
4. The causes of autoimmune disease or autoimmune disorders vary from person to person; many patients that I see have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and go online and they find many different causes and solutions to their disease. This approach is not time, effort or monetarily efficient. For example, we currently have over 30 patients with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (Autoimmune Hypothyroid) and EACH one has different autoimmune causes, triggers, and remedies! The key is to do the proper testing and to identify each person’s triggers.
See Patient Example Below:
Measuring Celiac Disease And Autoimmunity Through Proper Testing
Through a specific blood test, celiac disease and other autoimmune conditions and autoimmune diseases can be evaluated. Below are the results from an actual patient at our office. This patient presented to us with major gut dysfunction and was prescribed medication after medication because her primary doctor failed to order the right testing!
Imagine her frustration when she realized that she had been misdiagnosed and mistreated for almost 6 years! When your doctor orders the right testing the problem becomes so obvious. Unfortunately, most doctors are not trained to order and interpret this advanced testing that evaluates celiac disease and connect it with fatigue, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, skin disorders, and many more!
5. When a person is autoimmune against one tissue site the chances are great that they are or will be autoimmune against multiple sites. So waiting to identify the underlying causes is a dangerous game.
6. The average length between when the immune system starts to attack the body and when symptoms appear from these attacks is 12 years. Early diagnosis and management are imperative.
7. Because there are so many things in our environment and food supply that didn’t exist just a few decades ago our immune systems are working harder than ever; this is the main reason why autoimmunity is skyrocketing.
8. The gateway to autoimmune disease and autoimmune conditions is a compromised barrier system. The main barrier system between the outside world and the inside of our body is in the gut. A compromised gut barrier (also known as “Leaky Gut Syndrome”) is the first thing that must be fixed in ALL autoimmune disease.
9. Many people with chronic health issues such as fatigue, weight gain, chronic pain, depression, brain fog, digestive problems etc. are autoimmune and don’t know it. Autoimmune disease is extremely underdiagnosed.
Some known autoimmune conditions that we see on a daily basis – do you suffer from one of these:
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Graves Thyroiditis
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease
- Pernicious Anemia
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon
Proper testing comes first followed by customized plans to support, manage and get your immune system back on track.
If you would like a consultation with us, call us at 773-418-6877
Or you can schedule one here:
We help patients all over the Chicagoland area who are suffering from an autoimmune disorder or autoimmune disease. If you are struggling with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE/Lupus), Rheumatoid Arthritis, Type 1 Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis or Eczema or Graves’ Disease and you live in Chicago Illinois or in these neighborhoods, give our office a call today for your Free Consultation.
Chicago, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Oak Park, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Des Plaines, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Schaumburg, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Naperville, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Wilmette, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Elgin, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Logan Square Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Gold Coast Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Lakeview Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Old Town Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Edgewater Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
West Loop Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Winnetka, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Glencoe, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Northfield, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Highland Park, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Lincoln Park Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
River North Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Streeterville Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Wicker Park Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Evanston, IL Autoimmune Disorders
Bucktown Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
West Town Chicago Autoimmune Disorders
Who We Are
Welcome to Chicago Natural Health Care, located in the heart of Chicago, where we use a modern, research-based approach to manage and help people optimize their health.
3432 W Diversey, Suite 253
Chicago, IL 60647
The information on this site is solely for purposes of general patient education, and may not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical care. Consult your own physician for evaluation and treatment of your specific condition. Chicago Natural Health Care is in close proximity to Chicagoland's surrounding cities and areas that include Chicago, Oak Park, Des Plaines, Schaumburg, Naperville, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Northfield, Highland Park, River North, Gold Coast, Lakeview, Old Town, Edgewater, West Loop, Lincoln Park, Streeterville, Evanston, Bucktown, West Town, and Wicker Park. | Chicago Natural Health Care | Chicago, IL